Powder Puff team post

Hi WOW! Embossing powder fans, the Powder Puff girls are back to share some lovely projects with you today.

Happy card by DT member Patti Hamil

close up detail:




My project recycles a couple of older supplies. I made a card and used one of the old metal words from Making Memories that was popular a few years ago. I took the Suzy West WOW bubble gum pink and embossed the word. I also took some older scrap paper and embossed the pink edge with the same bubble gum pink powder. Then, I also took a Color Me Crazy white bloom by Petaloo and rubbed the embossing ink pad across the top and sprinkled the bubble gum powder on that too. For the leaves I took green cardstock and used the Call Me stamp and embossed it with the Susy West WOW Earthtone Olive, then handcut the leaves from it. The little blooms were just cut on my ECraft machine.


Paris tag by DT member Gini Williams Cagle

The wooden Eiffel Tower was painted first, and then randomly stamped with the Wow Gratitude stamp set and embossed with Suzy West Earthtone Pepper regular. The crepe paper ruffle was embossed along the edge using Opaque Bright White. Finally, the edge was embossed in Suzy West Tea Garden Green.


Once upon a fairytale by DT member Katarina Damm-Blomberg


close up detail:

supplies used:
Wow Simply Amazing stamp set
Wow Vintage wallpaper stamp
Opaque bright white
Angel wings

Basic Grey- Plumeria, and PB&J
October Afternoon- Sarsparilla
Old dictionary sheets
Doily
Twine, stone-The Twinery
Alpha storytellers- Websters Pages


Good Eats Chicago layout by DT member Jennifer Roach


close up detail:


Supplies used:
WOW! Embossing Powder products: Suzy West Earthtone collection - Paprika
Papers: Bazzill cardstock, The Paper Company, Basic Grey
Ink: Versamark (for embossing)
Accessories: Crafter's Workshop polka dot template, Maya Road kraft
doily, "Mom's Typewriter" computer font, Studio Calico Mr. Huey white
spray mist, Maya Road dark brown spray mist, American Crafts vinyl
Thickers

Graphic 45 clock book by DT member Jan Hennings




Supplies used: Suzy West, Cable Car Red to emboss areas of the butterfly wings. Papers are Graphic 45, Travelogue Collection


Life is good tag by DT member Birgit Koopsen




Technique: I used a printed label (7Gypsies) that I wanted add color to but I didn't
want the color of the words "Life is good" to change. So I covered the
letters with embossing ink using and embossing pen. Then I used WOW! Clear
Gloss Super Fine to emboss the letters. I did the same with the clock face.

After that I stamped on the upper half of the label with the WOW! Vintage
Wallpaper stamp using black embossing ink (Exquisite from Ecogreen Crafts)
and embossed this too with the Clear Gloss Super Fine. I also did that with
the little metal wheel I added to the clock face.

After all parts were embossed I used distress inks (Ranger) and a piece of
blending foam to color in the rest of the label. The embossed parts act as a
resist and the distress inks will not stick to that. After adding the color
just gently whip the surface with a piece of kitchen paper.

The label was finished with some rub-ons, cute paper birds and a piece of
ribbon.

Unsung Hero book by DT lead Gina Lideros


supplies: Basically Bare chipboard book
Little Yellow Bicycle pattern papers (Saturdays collection)
*about the book: This book signifies two deployments that we have been through as a military family. I used the envelope pages to tuck in notes and letters that my husband sent us during his deployments.
Supplies used:
WOW! Embossing powders Pantry collection:pepper, blueberry
WOW Collection: Bright white
WOW stamps used:
Call Me stamp set: script
French Music notes background stamp
Brocade background stamp

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your Saturday with us. I hope that the Powder Puff girls have inspired you to create something fun!

Comments

  1. lovely projects ladies!! you rock!
    //Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects, ladies! I love that they are all so different. It really shows the versatility of the powders, doesn't it? Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment