Buttons in the spot light!

Hello and welcome to the WOW! UK blog!

This months theme is altered/recycled art. I decided to give some old buttons a new life by turning them into a piece of fun jewelry.


I first covered the buttons with Fab Foil using Bonding Powder. After applying the foil I heated them untill the foil started to "cook" which creates a fun texture. Watch out, cooking is ok, burning is not :)
After they cooled down I added a layer of Ultra High Clear Embossing Powder and while the embossing enamel was still hot and fluid I sprinkled in some micro beads to add more texture. Finally I added a top layer of Ultra High Clear Embossing Powder to make sure the micro beads stay in place.


I used some jewelry elastic to bind them together to a bracelet.

I think it turned out to be a fun piece and it is so light you hardly notice you're wearing it.



Materials used:
Fab Foil: Bright Gold,  TurquoiseBright Copper; Bonding Powder; Clear Ultra High Embossing Powder;

Thank you for stopping by today and I would love to hear your ideas for giving buttons a second life!

Have a great day, happy crafting!

Birgit Koopsen

Comments

  1. Cracking technique - lots of layer and depth to it :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für eine geniale Idee. Das Armband sieht total cool aus. Kompliment für diese Arbeit. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea! Were are my old buttons?! I must try this!!! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment