My 3d project...

Hi there everyone in blogging land... Nikki here to share a little 3d project with you all.
I decided that my 3d project would also be a bit of altered art - really love using my fabby WOW! powders for altered art - every time you play with them you find amazing new looks to achieve and new ways of using them.
My project this time started it's life as an empty little box that once upon a time was filled with chocs...

 I covered it with a layer of acrylic paint and then some paper.
Then the fun bit....
I mixed together lots of different powders - Halloween Regular, Mint Regular, Olive Regular, Paprika Regular, Ruby Romance Embossing Glitter, Brass Sparkle Embossing Glitter, Metallic Copper Regular, Gold Rich Super Fine, Green Regular, Pearl Gold Sparkle and Clear Regular.
This is what it looked like.... (when you are mixing powders for a project like this one, make sure you mix enough for the whole project).
 This is the box when it was finished. You can see that I covered my embellishments with the same powder mix too.
 The powder that was left was melted down and poured into moulds to make the centre of the flower. I used the Daisy mould but there are lots of yummy moulds to play with over on the site.
 Here is a little close up for you....

We would love to see your 3d projects this month - what have you been getting up to?
Remember to share the link with us so that we can pop on over and visit your blog too x
Happy crafting

Nikki x

Comments

  1. A lovely mix of colours Nikki - a great up-cycle idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning project Nikki. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment