Experiementing with WOW Embossing Powders and Foils


I have been having so much fun lately and its all because of WOW!  Have you tried the foils?  They are so much fun.  Today I am going to show you a project out of my art journal where I like to experiment.  Do you Experiment, how?  I love it as you never know what you are going to come up with.

This is my latest page in my art journal.  I have a habit of using masks and them blotting them off in my art journal.  I loved the looks of these leaves.

I wanted to keep the colour of these leaves,  I had Dylusions Ink Spray on the mask and it reacts with water,  so my first experiment was to see if it reacted if I used the WOW Embossing pen over top,  and it did not!  SO EXCITED :-). this meant I could colour over all the bits I wanted to keep. (which was all of it) and then embossed with Wow Embossing Clear gloss.
I have been using a lot of foil in my projects lately and I wanted to add some to this page.  I wish I had taken a photo before sticking this butterfly down.  I had tried to do random bits of foil on my page but when I heated the embossing powder up the foil stuck to large portions of the page.  So my solution to that was cover it :-)  I created this butterfly with a mask and muilti medium.  Once dried I heated and added the fab foil Copper.  I then got out my inks and blended in some colour.  The picture has not captured this as it goes from light purple to dark blue.  I embossed the center with Martinique Mauve Embossing Powder and then applied   glossy accents to the top. 
I am really enjoying building up layers at the moment and can spend hours and hours playing.  I hope I have given you some inspiration to go get your supplies out and play.  If you would like to see other projects I have been doing with Fab Foil, come visit me  here on my blog.  I will be loading some projects up after I say bye here.

Comments

  1. Just gorgeoous Donna, would love to do one of your classes. Must try and come to one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment