Looks like Metal!!!

This month is "Metal" here on the WOW blog and I have 2 cards to share using a couple of "metal looking" techniques! There are so many things you can do with the WOW powders to mimic metal. Lots of perfect colors, Gold, Copper, Silver.......you can stamp on it, layer it, use the awesome WOW molds, just endless possibilities. I'm anxious to see what everyone has to share!

I started off using the molds to make some "faux" buttons. I see gold buttons with pretty designs on top all of the time, especially old buttons, which I love! I used the melting powder and some Gold ultra high for these. I used the Daisy mold.  I just got a small container and mixed about half and half. Not sure what the proper amount is, but that worked fine for me!  I used some scrap patterned paper and an Anna Griffin sentiment sticker with gold trim that matched. Added some twine and the three buttons and that was it!!!


This is the daisy mold that I used!


On the card below I just used Gold powder and covered a piece of lightweight chipboard. I used several layers for good coverage. While still hot after the last layer I stamped the images into it. Then after it cooled I rubbed black ink over for an aged look. I used two different stamps for this one.


Again, I used scrap paper and an Anna Griffin sentiment. Just added some gold trim ribbon! I love playing with the metallic powders, there's just so much you can do!!! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the cards!!!

Patti :)

Comments

  1. beautiful ideas - those daisies look fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they both look fantastic and the "metal look" is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment