Mixed media card

Hi, Maya here with my project for this month. I must admit I struggled a bit with this months theme. I love playing with different mediums and experimenting but it's often a happy accident when I succeed in mixing techniques and mediums. I got this idea of making a stormy sea using the puff powder from WOW as foam on the waves and this is the result.


I used distress ink and a mask I cut by hand to make the waves, I added some shimmering acrylic paint on top of the waves and applied the puff powder to it while it was still wet. I also splattered some different mists over the whole piece. The last thing I did was to sprinkle some extra high white embossing powder over the whole piece and applied the heat tool from the back to melt it.


Here is a close up showing the shimmering paint on the waves. 

I hope you got inspired to try some mixed media this month. 

Supplies:





Comments

  1. Clever idea and looks so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your card and the techniques you have used. It really does look like a stormy sea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like how you got crest of waves to look so realistic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment