Mixed Media...CAS Style!

Hello there!

How is everyone?  It's the weekend - yay!  I hope you all have wonderful plans and find a little time for crafting too :)

As you probably know by now, it is Mixed Media month here at WOW! Embossing Powder.  Now, I'm not going to lie, the thought of mixed media fills me with fear so this was a true challenge!  The other girls on the team are mixed media queens and we all know I'm here for the CAS contribution!

I was surprised however, at how easily it all came together once I got going - so anyone else out there who thinks they can't 'do' the whole mixed media thing, give it a go, you may well surprise yourself :)

On to my card...


I know what you're thinking...not as 'mixed' as the other projects from the other Design Team members...I did warn you I was the CAS element of the team  :)

I started by blending the inks onto white cardstock and then attacked it with splashes of water which lifted the ink nicely.  Then I stamped the floral stamp from WOW!'s Collage stamp set along the bottom, trying not to be too precise about it as I wanted there to be some 'misses'.

Then I applied a strip of scrim.  I live in a builders household - myself and my other half have always worked in the construction industry, so there are always random building materials lying around my house!  I found this roll of plastering scrim a few months ago and until now I've only used it as a stencil and a stamp, I hadn't thought to actually apply it to my cards - there's a first time for everything!  I love to re-purpose and I'm pleased with how this looks.

I then applied embossing ink to the die cut words and very lightly sprinkled some Platinum Super Fine embossing powder over them so that the powder only stuck to a small, random portion of the wording.  I covered the rest with Black Glint embossing glitter which has created a nice mix of the two colours and finishes.



The die cut butterfly was heat embossed using Calypso embossing glitter and the body was again embossed using Black Glint embossing glitter.



So, there you have it - mixed media a la CAS style!

I hope you all find time to join us for our challenge and you enjoy the rest of the teams' projects!

Ta ta for now ;)











WOW! Supplies
Collage Stamp Set
Black Glint Embossing Glitter
Calypso Embossing Glitter
Platinum Super Fine Embossing Powder

Comments

  1. You have used different mediums so it's therefore mixed media. No rules (as far as I know. Your card is absolutely beautiful. I use drywall tape (scrim) in my messy mixed media stuff to give texture but you have managed to make it look clean & fresh. May think of using in this way in future. Lovely... Tfs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card, the color combo is so great and the splashes of water add a perfect touch to your background

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment