LOTS OF HUGS

Hi everyone, this is Martha Lucia here and I am excited to share with you my first official post in WOW blog! The embossing powders have always been one of the my best friends in my creations and techniques. Today I want to share a card that I made using watercolor and WOW Opaque Bright White Regular Embossing Powder and two of the new WOW Embossing Stamps.


To make this card I used watercolor paper and I stamped over it the new Secret Garden WOW Stamp for Embossing using WOW Embossing Pad covered with WOW Opaque Bright White Regular Embossing Powder. Then I melted the powder with the Heat Tool. I colored each flower using a combination of distress ink applied with an aqua painter. 


For the general background I applied the distress ink directly with a blending tool and then I sprayed it with water, before pasting this layer to the card base and adding the sentiment that I stamped using the same WOW Opaque Bright White Regular Embossing Powder. This time, I stamped a sentiment from the new set Mr Wow's Wonderful Words over a piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock, the same color of the base of the card.


Maybe you noted something special on the button that I used as embellishment. Yes, originally this was a natural wood button and I decided to covered it partially, first with WOW Royal Crush Embossing Glitter and then with a few touches of WOW Opaque Bright White Regular Embossing Powder to add more texture to my card. I just had to ink it with WOW Embossing Pad before applying the embossing powders and then melting it with the heat tool.

I hope my project inspired you to experiment more with your embossing powders and share with us your creations in our Monthly Challenge.

See you soon!



Where to Buy:

Comments

  1. Beautiful card love how the white just pops
    And there wasn't a challenge posted this month:( maybe next month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would to join the MONTHLY CHALLENGE....but I don't see one!

    Your card is just lovely. The white against the darker background is totally delicious. Beautifully done!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment