One Stamp 3 Ways Mini Canvas Topper Trio

Morning everyone! It's Fran here with you today and I hope you are all in fine fettle.

I hope you are all in fine fettle. Today's offering for you today is once again in miniture form - yes I'm addicted teeny tiny pixie projects!

These are a set of mini canvases which I've had in my stash for a good long while which I decided to use as card toppers. In keeping with this month's blog feature I had used one stamp three ways, with my chosen one coming from the Pick 'n Mix set.
Do you recognise which one it is?
 For the first topper I prepared the background with gesso and paint, then stamped the circular stamped randomly with black ink. I added die cut chipboard on top to create depth and filled the recesses in with embossing powder (Mandarin, Black Ebony and Clear Gloss), using glass beads for texture. I have a bit of a thing for skulls and adore this wooden cut from Alter This which I pimped up with gesso, fine liner pens and more micro beads.



The simplest topper of the trio has the stamp utilised as a flower by cutting away lined "wedges". I mixed this up with paper flowers plus a couple of pieces of lace then painted over water colour ink and sprinkled White Puff embossing powder which I melted to created a 3D mottled effect.  
 
The last canvas topper is a mixture of many different bits and pieces I had laying around. I do love to use these up on cards, great way to waste nothing! The background for this one started with a layer of gesso and net material which I pressed in whilst still wet then covered with Midnight Dream, Silver Stratosphere and British Summer embossing powders and melted. The circle has been stamped onto thin metal with a clear ink and Black Ebony powder to create this industrial looking little embellishment. For the other details I've used torn paper, washi tape, cotton, mis-matched gems and small pieces of WOW Melt It! foil tray. 



I finished off with a phrase we should all heed: remember to play....

I hope you've found some inspiration to use with your stamps, have fun and be creatively free!


Hugs until next time




Where to Buy:



Comments

  1. Fantastic mixture of textures and colours on these mini wonders Fran. TFS. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment